Wednesday, June 18, 2008

And it's only Wednesday ...

Oh my ... and they say it gets better at three months. Well, they were three months 36 hours ago and [SHOUT] I'm waiting ...

This week I am run ragged. When they are both "going" at the same time (aka the twin chorus) - it is enough to send you running for the hills. I don't know what is going on this week but they are on completely separate schedules and when they are both demanding attention at the same time (ie screaming frantically), it is all I can do to keep my head. I read in my twin survival guide "to surrender to the chaos" ... I repeat that to myself over and over when these moments arrive. Yesterday, Liam was frantic, for no particular reason and then Maeve had a complete "blowout" - she got her dress, the boppy pillow, the nursing pillow, the changing pad and Ciara was still waiting for her lunch, promised to her hours ago and I, unshowered as usual was hanging on by a thread. It is these moments that are the real test. The minutes seem like hours. May I add that our night nurse (ex night nurse ... sniff, sniff), Esther, who has worked with lots of babies over the years said that Liam was the loudest child she had ever come across. Like I need to have a child with that award! If I had a BP monitor attached to me, it would be off the scale I reckon. On a more positive note, the days are interjected by smiles and chuckles, which are occurring more and more. They are also noticing each other a lot more, which is adorably cute. Ciara continues to be great with them and patient for the most part. We are learning the true meaning of BE FLEXIBLE since we have absolutely zero schedule - Maeve likes to sleep late, eat infrequently and slowly but then nurse in the evening for hours. Liam likes to get up early, play hard, nap short and eat frantically and often. How can they both be so different?? How can a schedule ever suit them both, myself and Ciara. Something will have to give and I have no doubt it will be my shower, my sleep and my meals!!

REPEAT ...

SURRENDER TO THE CHAOS. IT WILL NOT LAST FOREVER. SURRENDER TO THE CHAOS. IT WILL NOT LAST FOREVER. SURRENDER TO THE CHAOS. IT WILL NOT LAST FOREVER. SURRENDER TO THE CHAOS. IT WILL NOT LAST FOREVER.


THREE MONTHS OLD!

1 comment:

ZhaoKids said...

how are you my dear! haven't heard from you since the "pharmacy" call. I was soooooo sick for couple week and just got better. Maybe I should visit you this Friday if we don't have the MNO. Let me know, ok?!

love you and time will pass and you will have your life back.....hahah let's say 20 years later?!